Thursday, August 25, 2011

The first month---adjustment!

At home at last!




I bounced back much faster after the birth of our second son. I think it was a combination of no drugs during the birth as well as the ability to know what to expect. I showered less than 12 hours after having the baby and was at home within 24 hours.











Nana lovin'



I was tired from lack of sleep but was not overwhelmed by it and nursing was easier too---my milk came in the second day! I was out and about with in four days, where as with my first son my mom had to convince me to leave the house on the 4th day. A big help was having Nana here to cook and clean for us---she even cleaned our toilets---a forever thank to you NANA!!!!!










Life was smooth for the first 10 days with emotions of our first child. He enjoyed the nursing toys (toys to be played with only while mommy was nursing) and they seemed to distract him for the most part. He still wanted me to do diaper changes and put him to bed over his Nana at times.

"All Aboard!"---riding the train at the zoo



But the new and exciting times wore off quickly and he became frustrated easily and refused to potty train. I could see the conflict in him..."I know I am supposed to love the baby but it is taking to much of my mommy's time and would people please stop asking if I like being a big brother..." Dustin and Nana did their best to keep life as normal as possible for J by going to the zoo, grocery shopping and playing outside.









Grandpops meet Aram, Aram meet Grandpops.



We had several visitors from friends in town to out of town family, all sharing in the welcoming of the new little one. We fell behind on getting to the usual stuff let alone big stuff as was expected from sitting and gazing lovingly at our new little one---babies are so mesmerizing!

No comments: