Wednesday, December 28, 2011

how many ways can you cut a pie

I say this a lot over the life time of this blog and hopefully it is a safe to say these things...and that it does not come off as complaining but rather reflection...with that being said....here it goes...

I have been feeling so overwhelmed in life lately...it has been a total RE-adjustment to the comfortable life that I had been accustome to, that is the one child life. Why did I ever think one child was difficult? Everyone warned us that it was more than double the work....so I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I am feeling squished out of the pie, or rather my slice of life has gotten smaller in the pie of life...I am asked to preform at top notch as boss, coworker, parent for two boys both with different needs, wife, friend, neighbor, sister, and daughter which does not leave much room for myself...

I am not going to lie that I feel a lot of mommy guilt* all the time about taking time for myself (since I am already out of the house 50+ hours a week)...I would love to fit yoga and running back into my life...but have yet to figure it out. I wish I could be more like my sister who just does it ---man she is good at fitting herself in (although I have noticed her nails and eyebrows are not perfectly shimmering all the time lately) to her weekly activities. I recently have been spending me time doing things like Dr's apts (another blog topic) and acupunture (see blog post the value in silence--coming soon) and therefore can't seem to find the time to do the other mentioned activities. And quiet honestly although I am able to fit time in to see girlfriends while lugging along baby, it is also difficult to fit in time with my hubby, just me and him.

I know that there has to be an adjustment period but it has been almost 7 months and I am still struggling with it. So to you parents out there, that have done this already...how do you fit you into the  pie of life?

*mommy guilt is guilt one feels when away from child no matter the circumstances.

2 comments:

Aurora said...

it will get better...you only have to sacrifice like this for a couple of years and befor eyou know it--they are way more independent...then you wish for a little one again..hang in there!

Jeff said...

Hang in there, Kes. You're doing a wonderful job. You'll get your time to breathe soon enough...well, maybe not soon enough...but your time will indeed come.