Monday, December 5, 2011

it's the little things...

I don't want to forget how he looks at me when he is nursing...to say I love you, mommy, for nourishing my body and soul.

I don't want to forget that he has been a squirmy nurser...always kicking his feet and moving his head around to see what is going on in the room.

I don't want to forget that when he is really enjoying nursing he rakes his little fingers on my skin, clothes, face...just feeling textures and enjoying being in my arms.

I don't want to forget how he reaches up to my lips for kisses on his hands as he nurses.

I don't want to forget how his eyes sparkle as I walk in to the room after a long day away at work.

I don't want to forget how he sleeps nuzzled into my neck at night...breathing in and out slowly and peacfully.

I don't want to forget his smile....so happy and content to just be Aram Adrian Micheletti, mommy's little boy.

2 comments:

Aurora said...

well you will forget eventually--until you have a grandbaby ;-)

Oldie said...

This was beautiful, love.