Wednesday, November 23, 2011

All in a days work...

who needs a tool belt when you have undies...
We have been a busy household lately...milestones all around. J has really started to play make believe really well ...pirates, dinosaurs, fix-it guy (as seen in the pic), restaurant, knights, and his favorite, superheros---especially Spiderman and Ironman.
Whereas, Aram has been working at sitting up, rolling over,---no he is not a dog but these are big deals in the baby world too--- blowing raspberries, and eating his first solids. Man all in a matter of days too...
I can't help but get a little sad that this will be the last time I get to go through all of these milestones with a baby of my own. I can't wait for some of my friends to start having some...wink wink...you know who you are.

On the other hand Aram and J are so cute together I find myself whistling the happy tune inside my heart everytime I see them interacting.
Big Bro helping with first solid food.
Today was a small glimpse of what will become of a really great friendship for them I think. I had Aram sitting propped up against the base of the couch with pillows on each side for incidental falling to one side (he sat like this for a full 25 minutes never toppling over either) and him and J played restaurant, where J would order food and then pretend to take the food from Aram and eat it...man it was so cute. Aram was so into it he kept reaching for his brother and making happy sounds. Then later on as I was vacumning J kept replenishing Arams Bumbo tray with toys to keep him busy. What a good big brother! At one point I looked over and J had moved his Bumbo chair away from where I was working. I ask J why he had moved him and in his 3-I-know-everything-voice he said, "so the noise wouldn't be too loud. Duh mom.

If Aram could talk I am sure he would say "Thanks big brother for all the cheering on!"

2 comments:

Sydney said...

Nice post Kes! I can't imagine what friends you are referring to! ;-) btw, Jeff wants you to sign him up to get email notifications when you post on here!

Auntie T (T-T) said...

Aram is growing up wayy too fast! Cuter than ever of course! I love the added noises from J in the background :) Lovve my boys! Miss you guys over thanksgiving!
p.s. Yeee Sydney get on it! :)