Saturday, February 7, 2015

Traditions Are What Make a Family

I think the best part of being a family is being able to blend traditions or come up with your own that then become your families. We have lots of these...eggnog on Christmas Eve, Friday Family Film nights, and hot cross buns on Easter, some of these borrowed, and some of them our own. But this post is about a tradition that will make Nana really proud when she sees it. When I first met my future in-laws I thought this was a BRILLIANT Easter tradition and I am so happy that Olde and I are keeping it alive!
reading the clue
discovering the next clue
gold at the end of the rainbow
Instead of a traditional Easter basket finding in the living room upon morning wake up, there is a scavenger hunt for the basket- with clues set out by dad and mom.The boys love to solve the puzzle and are never unhappy when the next clue leads to the next to the next and so on. The baskets and clues of course change each year, and the excitement is had by all, even aunties and uncles as it is a bit of family history still alive!

3 comments:

Pork said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pork said...

This brings back so many memories of my brother's and my Easters. Our Grandma use to do the same thing. Traditions are lost these days, glad you are keeping them alive.

Old said...

So happy to celebrate old traditions and create new ones with you, love.