Sunday, January 18, 2015

Kindergarten for Jas

I feel like I have blinked and my 1st baby boy has gone from a little guy to a young man over night!
Back packs on and ready to go!
Jas started kindergarten and owned it like he was born to do it! It didn't phase him one bit that he did not know anyone in his class nor that he had started two weeks late (we were waiting for house to pass inspection before enrolling him in a school). He just walked right in and sat down like he owned the place. It was such a proud and sad moment at the same time.
Feeling like a superhero on the first day!
Ready, set, go!
 The one thing I had not prepared for as a parent is the loneliness that Aram would face and the feelings of being left out of the fun. That morning as we prepared for Jasper to enter his first day of public school, Aram prepared too, unbeknownst to either Dustin or I. Jas got dressed, Aram got dressed. Jasper ate breakfast, Aram ate breakfast. Jas got on his backpack, Aram got on his back pack. Pics were taken of them together. But when we got to the school and Jasper got to stay there and Aram had to leave he became very upset and cried, "mama where is my desk and my new friends." I was so consumed by my anxiety for Jasper that I plum forgot to prepare Aram for the change too. After telling him he got to spend his days with daddy going on great adventures, Aram finally agreed to leave. He spent several days every once and awhile looking, yelling out for brother to realize he was not there to play. And although it was really special to have dada all alone for himself, it was obvious he missed his brother a lot. I learned a as a parent, that you have to think of all the family members in every event, not just the person the change is happening for, because ALL change affects everyone in our little family.

1 comment:

Old said...

So damn proud of Young Old!!!