Thursday, September 22, 2011

Figuring Things Out

 Man co-parenting is sooooo hard...Old and I have had to learn to communicate all over again! About a year ago we just were dancing the dance of parenting without having to look down at our feet or count the steps in order to stay to the beat together....but then the second boy came and we had to relearn how to communicate...I mean you constantly have to talk to one another..."honey I am going pee--baby is on the couch and J is playing."  I mean really...do I really have to tell you my bowel movement needs---yep, it seems so. And then there is the more emotional talks like who's turn is it to put the kids to bed when you are dead tired or how to gracefully ask for time to yourself because you feel like you are going to scream if the kids don't stop pulling you in every way possible. Thankfully Olde is really good at making sure our communication is still going strong and he can read me really well (better than I tend to read his needs). I can't wait till we can dance again with out having to pay attention to it though!
Check out the skillz on this dada!

1 comment:

Your Old Man said...

Well, that photo is a bit embarrassing (However, new fathers: do take note of the method...it works like a charm).

Don't worry, love, we'll figure it all out. If I remember correctly, it took us about a year to get our shit straight with Young Old, so here's hoping our new-found parental experience will shave a few months of this round of fumbling.