Thursday, September 15, 2011

Goodbye Great-Aunt Betty Lou

I like the saying one soul arrives, another leaves...but that doesn't really make sense since our planet is now over populated thus making the saying seem really unreal. So I will stick with the idea that the stars twinkling above are the souls that have passed, making sure we are still doing all right---a story my own Grandma Betty told me once.

My Grandma's sister-in-law, known to us as Aunt Betty Lou, passed away this week. She had lived a very full life and loved to do many things outdoors and indoors but was especially fond of reading as she seemed to create libraries everywhere she went. She was a kind, gentle, and sincere soul, that was always easy to talk to and was thought of in our family as a sort of grandma figure.

Jasper always received gifts from her when she would come to our house---and not surprisingly books of course---as she really like the little man and even included a paragraph in her holiday letter last year about him. I am sorry to say that she never got a chance to meet Aram but I am sure she would have adored him as much as well.

I happy she is no longer in pain and my thoughts are with her family as the grieve her loss.

...so for now we say good bye to Aunt Betty Lou.

Here she is helping jasper put together his tent he got for his birthday last year---or maybe she is preventing him from stabbing her in the eye with the tent pole, either way she was always such a trooper with playing games and having fun with him.

No comments: